Saturday, February 5, 2011

9 Weeks!

Today I am 9 weeks pregnant!  I know some mamas say that their pregnancy goes by so fast but, mine seems to be just trailing along.  I think it is because I knew I was pregnant so early (I found out at about 3 weeks).  I am starting to get a little round in my belly.  I am naturally pretty thin and fit so, it is fairly obvious to me that I am pregnant.  I doubt that anyone else would ever notice though.

Well, because I wanted to mini-celebrate (and because I knew they were having a sale) I headed out to the local antique and thrift stores to do some shopping.  I want to do the baby's room completely vintage so, I know I should start my searching now.  I did manage to find a few things!


I found this book along with 2 Junior Deluxe Edition classic books (I collect them).  It's actually a book of short stories from 1952.  It's illustrated really well and will look good on my shelf of children's books.

Then I found this guy!  I just had to buy him for the baby's room.  He is one of those stiff stuffed animals from the 70s.  But he just had the cutest face and could be for a boy or girl. 

3 comments:

  1. My first pregnancy crawled by, especially towards the end! This one seems to be going by pretty quickly though. I did a vintage nursery for my kiddos too (except for the cribs, of course!) I had so much fun sewing and decorating and finding inspiration for a non-mainstream nursery. For my daughter, I used fabric by Heather Ross, which has that dreamy vintage fairytale feel to it. Can't wait to see pic of your finished nursery!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you like the Heather Ross fabrics! I ordered a little bit extra to make some things for myself. :) Michael Miller also designs some super cute fabrics that have kind of a retro feel. You can find both designers work on etsy for fairly decent prices. I think I purchased my Heather Ross fabrics from Fabric Worm. Good luck!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love giraffes, what a sweet find for the nursery! If I see any neat items at the estate sales I'll get them for you!

    ReplyDelete