Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Stuck inside!

I think you would have to be underground to not have heard that the Midwest got a crazy blizzard last night!  Well this mamma-to-be was right in the middle of it!  We live in the south suburbs of Chicago so inevitably, we were in the heart of it.  It was definitely a crazy scene this morning after the whole storm system was out of the area.  We had a total of about 18 inches of snowfall in a matter of 10 or so hours.  However, due to high winds, we had a continuous 4 foot snow drift surrounding our house.

The snow drift surrounding our house!

The backyard...

The cat was generally confused....


As a result, my husband and I were snowed in and both of our offices were closed.  Most of the roads in the area are still impassable so I am not sure if tomorrow will be another closed office day for me.  I was actually OK with it because today I battled a bit more with morning sickness.  I haven't actually had it too bad and I have never physically gotten ill but, today it was just a blah/gag day.  I only managed to eat soup and a grilled cheese today.  The soup itself was a great recipe I got from a fellow blogger!

No comments:

Post a Comment